This post I'm going to show ya'll what i've packed for my trip. I chose these things based on reviews, my experience riding to Alaska and my needs at the time. More details below!
Almost everything in this picture is what I have brought with me on my trip. I will be going into detail on many of these items in the future. In the meantime, their Amazon pages will be linked up from here. See the pictures below for details.
Topo Designs Klettersack - this pack has been on my back for more than 3 years of rigorous use. Detailed review on its way!
Kelty Gunnison 2.3 Tent with Footprint - bought this tent brand new on EBay with 'Used' pricing. A more detailed review coming soon!
Black Diamond Spot Headlamp - I have used this headlamp for 3+ years. I finally replaced the first set of batteries back in May 2016. Detailed reviewing coming soon! Black Diamond has come out with a newer version. Check it out here.
Mosquito Headnet - I used this head-net when I went to Alaska. It was 100% worth it. Always wear one with a hat.
- 2x 2x2”
- 2x 4x4
- Bandaids (varius sizes)
- Roll Gauze/Cling
- Triangle bandage (Cravat) & Safety pins
- Gloves (Nitrile)
- Antibacterial ointment
- Medical tape
- Alcohol pads
Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Bottle with 3.0 Sport Cap and Regular Cap
O'Reily Octane Booster
Stainless Bottle for Alcohol storage
Plastic bag with dryer sheets
BMW Motor Oil (20W50)
Emergency thermal blanket
Tank Bag (See below)
Food bag (See below)
1-gal extra gas (91 octane)
Channel lock pliers
- Cigars (as gifts and the occasional splurge)
- Glass/pyrex type tupperware container
- Emergency meal (Mountain house dehydrated meal)
- Tupperware with Tea
- Fire tinder - a combination of cotton swabs and petroleum jelly
- [Removed from pack] Matches - the matches I had were waterproof but after a few years of sitting in storage they did not work
- Bic Lighter - These lighters are a bit fickle. They don't do well with sitting in storage over time.
- Light My Fire Swedish FireSteel
- Light My Fire Spork (one plastic, one titanium) - More info soon. I highly recommend the titanium version
- Lighter - Generally not reliable enough. More on this soon.
- Hand wipe
- Snow Peak Titanium Trek 700 Mug
- Penny stove inside old irish oatmeal can
- [Removed from pack] Chocolate hazelnut spread
- Zip ties (medium sized)
- Tire repair kit (sorta)
- Nitrile gloves
- Sony Camera + Camera Sock
- Windex wipes for face shield
- Kindle Paperwhite
- Anker 24W Dual USB Car Charger PowerDrive 2 + Iphone cable
- Apple 5W USB Power Adapter + iPhone cable
- Right angle adapter for gas
- Replacement headlight bulbs
- Replacement fog lights
- Sun Screen
- Shea butter lip balm
- Ear plugs
- Tire gauge
- Pen + Sharpie
- Multi-purpose knife
- Tire repair kit - turns out I didn't have all the necessary tools.
- Baking soda - I purchased the baking soda to combat the smell of my gortex boots + sweaty socks. Since I doused everything in the baking soda, I haven't had problem!
- Air pump - For flat tires
- Canned sardines
- Canned chicken
- Hot sauce (Tapatio)
- Gas can replacement - The gas can I originally had was from 3 years ago. Also, the design was not up to snuff and ended up leaking gas all over my pillion seat. No bueno.
- Oboz Firebrand II Hiking Shoes - I purchased these at REI. A more detailed review soon.
[I put everything in a downloadable format here.](/Wolff Rides West Checklist.pdf) Feel free to download and use for your trip!